Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thinking about hair

As I was driving home tonight, I saw a person in a convertible with a scowl and Prince Valiant hair. Whether she/he was mad about the haircut or not wasn't clear,...but that would be my guess.

This leads to important questions,....like WHY does this haircut persist? So I dug around and decided to do a venn diagram on its origins. Very important work.



This leads to the obvious question. Why did this prince valiant haircut prompt me to once more return to my blog? And the only answer I have for you,...is baby steps. Before I unleash upon you my great american graphic novel, I have to start thinking humorously again. And to be honest, I haven't been doing a lot of that lately. Now is this comic genius? Of course not. But if I come back after so long with a 10, there's nowhere for me to go,...so I started at a negative 4.

Plus, I watched 2 hours of "Louie" last night and I realized I'm not funny at all. Dammit.

3 comments:

  1. oh, you're funny. you're VERY funny. have no doubt! LOL

    "where Dorothy Hamill and Edgar Winter meet"...if that's not comic genius...well, then..I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Keep writing. Who's Louie? (funnily, my comment word is begonest.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Begonest, you can tell me if you like my blog....

    Louie is a show by comic Louis C.K. on F/X. It's very, very raw and sort of depressing, but also jaw-droppingly funny. It's like if the original british The Office met Broken Flowers and Curb Your Enthusiasm and they had a 3-way and then pondered the career of Artie Lange.

    ReplyDelete